As any parent of a boy gymnast will tell you, it can be hard to find gymnastics gifts that are aimed at boys. So when I came across Connor Cards and Gifts’ great range of birthday cards and prints featuring male gymnasts whilst updating my gift guide for boy gymnasts, I was really impressed. Niki’s range of designs feature not just one, but three options for boys in gymnastics, and can be personalised with any colour combination you like- perfect for choosing your child’s favourite colours, or the colours of their gymnastics club!
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
I spoke with Niki, who owns and runs Connor Cards and Gifts, to ask her a little bit about her business. Here’s what she had to say:
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and Connor Cards and Gifts. My name is Niki Connor and I started my online greeting card and print business on Etsy back in 2016. I am a Mum of 2 and liked the idea of finding a career that meant I could work from home and therefore work around school hours and be there for my girls when they needed me. I started by creating a print for one of my daughter’s bedroom walls and after many friends admired it and asked if I could make them one I realised I might be on to something and looked into how I could sell online – Etsy was the obvious choice as it champions small handmade businesses and provides a platform to showcase our work. I soon realised that my print designs could be used on greeting cards and that is the main part of my business now. I create word art designs for any occasion in hundreds of different shapes and colours so that each one is personal and unique.
- How did you initially get into art? Have you always been creative? I have a background in Interior Design but have never trained in anything related to my business – I have basically taught myself and experimented over the years to come up with a collection I am proud of.
- Customers can choose their own colour schemes for their cards and prints. What are some of your favourite colour combinations? Every time I create a new design I try to come up with a different colour scheme to keep things fresh, and as you say a lot of my cards and prints can be bespoke as far as colours go so I don’t have any favourites but enjoy creating with different combinations of both bright and pastel colours.
- Which images are your most popular? I find that the sport related designs are extremely popular – especially football, mountain biking, gymnastics, dancing and cycling.
- You have three different designs featuring male gymnasts, which is quite unusual! What inspired you to produce these- perhaps a customer request, or a boy gymnast that you know? I have always tried to include designs for both girls and boys and like to give a few different options for each sport. I know that gymnastics is a very popular sport and wanted to create cards and prints that would be relevant to this market.
With prices starting from £8.49 for a word art print, and just £3.85 for a personalised card– including free delivery -I think Connor Cards and Gifts is a great place to look for a gift for your boy gymnasts. As one of Niki’s recent reviews says, “These were awesome – the senior boys loved having something personalized just for them!”